[Libs-Or] Register now for OLA/WLA Preconference

Torie Scott vscott at pcc.edu
Wed Apr 10 17:18:11 PDT 2013

Hello Library People!

 The OLA Library Instruction Round Table (LIRT) is gearing up for our
preconference featuring Dale Vidmar.  Dale is an engaging presenter and
strong colleague, and we anticipate a rich session for instruction
librarians and anyone else who wants to learn more about integrating peer
reflection into intentional teaching practices. A peer could be a librarian
colleague, a faculty member from another department, or a work partner --
so consider sharing what you learn with your network or, better yet, attend
with a buddy!

Registration for the OLA/WLA Joint conference is still open and you can
find conference and preconference info online at
http://www.olaweb.org/conferences.

I hope to see you there!

 Sincerely,

~Torie Scott

In-coming Library Instruction Round Table Chair, 2013-2014

Here’s the preconference description:

Wednesday, April 24th
Afternoon Sessions

2:00pm – 5:00 pm

Title: Talk about It: Using Collaborative Peer Conversation

This workshop actively demonstrates collaborative peer conversation—a
process by which colleagues articulate intentions, then reflect upon the
actual experience afterward. The process is simple, direct, and meaningful,
encompassing intentionality and reflective conversations amongst
colleagues. The two elements of collaborative peer conversation, Planning
Conversation and Reflective Conversation will be explored in depth in this
interactive event. We may learn by doing, but we enhance learning by
reflecting upon what we do!

Moderator(s):

Dale Vidmar, Information Literacy and Instruction Librarian, Southern
Oregon University Hannon Library

Sponsor:

OLA Library Instruction Round Table

--