[Libs-Or] online conversation with John Palfrey, author of Bibliotech

MaryKay Dahlgreen marykay.dahlgreen at state.or.us
Fri Jun 5 09:31:09 PDT 2015

I received this e-mail today and wanted to share it with you.

MK

Dear Colleagues and Friends.

I hope this email finds you well and looking forward to an exciting summer.

At 6 p.m. ET, Monday June 8th, Knight Foundation will be livestreaming a conversation (http://knightfoundation.org/live/) with author and thought leader John Palfrey on ways to rethink libraries in the digital age, based on his new book Bibliotech.

As you may know, Palfrey makes a compelling argument that libraries matter even more in the age of Google. Our complex world of ever-evolving information sources requires more guides, guidance and curators than ever, he argues. In addition, libraries offer a space to connect people to ideas and opportunities, providing a solution to the challenging issues of unequal access to education, jobs and information.

I was hoping you could share this information with your staff, patrons or community. It will be streamed beginning at 6 p.m. EST on June 8th at kngihtfoundation.org/live (http://knightfoundation.org/live/).

Thanks for your help in spreading the word and I hope you are able to watch the event this coming Monday.

Regards,

George

Jorge Martinez

Vice-President / Chief Technology Officer

John S. and James L. Knight Foundation

MaryKay Dahlgreen
Oregon State Librarian
503-378-4367