[Libs-Or] Fw: library plants

dan cawley librarybusiness at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 18 10:55:04 PST 2022

 hi corrine:
seaside plant-guy here.

through the years, people have donated a variety of plants and we also give away occasional cuttings.
we have a little-shop-of-horrors spider plant whose pups are all over the building and all over town.
we also have a donated ficus that is well over 25 years old.

our awesome friends group buys us fresh dirt and fancy containers.

a word of caution...one donation was infested with fungal gnats which, in turn, infested every plant in the building.

fixable but not fun...
patrons also tend to use the pots as garbage cans for their gum wrappers, cigarette butts, etc. which is sad but not surprising.

good luck with your project--plants make everything better!
dan @ seaside

Daniel D. Cawley

Seaside Public Library

1131 Broadway

Seaside, Oregon  97138

503.738.6742

www.seasidelibrary.org

|  |
Home | Seaside Public Library

   ----- Forwarded Message ----- From: Natasha Chitow via Libs-Or <libs-or at omls.oregon.gov>To: Corinne Dichter <corinne.dichter at hoodriver.k12.or.us>Cc: "libs-or at omls.oregon.gov" <libs-or at omls.oregon.gov>Sent: Friday, November 18, 2022 at 10:20:06 AM PSTSubject: Re: [Libs-Or] library plants
  You may want to ask in the community you serve for rooted cuttings of houseplants on a donation basis; it's part of how my public library has many of our houseplants. Also, check with your local master gardeners, as you may find someone who has some houseplants to donate. If you specifically want to go the grant route, the Hardy Plant Society grants might also work with your needs.