[Libs-Or] Banned Books Week talk -tonight 10/5 at 6:00pm

Jennifer Keyser jenniferk at multco.us
Thu Oct 5 10:50:10 PDT 2023

Dear Oregon Library Community,

A friendly reminder that you are all invited to an online Banned Books Week
talk presented by Multnomah County Library's Intellectual Freedom
Committee. The focus of the discussion will be on the current wave of book
banning hitting public libraries and ways to fight censorship. The talk is
virtual and open to all; we do ask attendees to register.

Here are the details and the link to register:

Why Your Voice Matters, Even as Censorship Increases
> <https://multcolib.org/events/why-your-voice-matters-even-and-especially-censorship-increases/128670>

A webinar on Thursday, October 5, 6-7:30pm.

Follow the link above to register.

As censorship efforts continue across the country, what should we, the
people, know? How can we ensure that our public libraries remain places of
intellectual freedom? Kelly Jensen from Book Riot and John Chrastka from
EveryLibrary will talk about public libraries, the current landscape of
book bans, and the movement to push back. Hear stories of libraries
defending the First Amendment and learn how you can support libraries.

We hope you are able to attend. Thanks for all your work in supporting
intellectual freedom.

Warmly,

*Jennifer Keyser *(she/her)
*Policy Coordinator Librarian*