[Libs-Or] Access to physical copies of Oregonian discontinued in certain areas?

Bryan Miyagishima bryan.miyagishima at lincolncolibrarydist.org
Tue Sep 26 14:30:28 PDT 2023

I've just learned from one of the librarians that our office works with the
fact that the Oregonian will be discontinuing physical access to the
newspaper at least in South Lincoln County (see attached letter). Having
searched the libs-or archives and not seeing any threads on this topic for
the past couple of months, I wonder if this is not affecting most of you
across the state (I certainly hope that's the case). I'd like to know,
however, if librarians in other parts of rural Oregon have received a
similar letter.

I'm feeling speechless about so many non-internet users who live in our
area being denied access to the state's flagship newspaper. Any ideas about
what can be done / who can put pressure on the publisher?

Bryan Miyagishima, Lincoln County Library District