[or-roots] Linn county

kat1928 at integrity.com kat1928 at integrity.com
Wed Nov 24 10:29:51 PST 2004

Quoting Alison Krutsch <alison at krutschfamily.com>:

> You are not interrupting a conversation...it is open to anyone who has
> information!!!  Which Powell are you related to?  Is it John?  My sister
> and I took a trip to Oregon earlier this year and searched out some of
> our relatives and we got some of the pictures of Lucinda's original
> gravesite and final resting place (they moved her).  If anyone is
> interested in those pictures for the Powells, and of her descendants,
> let me know.
>
> Thank you so much for all the information you gave me.  This will be the
> first time I personally go into Linn County to "dig up" the ancestors!
> It is so much different (and interesting) being there than researching
> it on paper!
>
> Ali

Dear Ali;

Elder Joab Powell (early circuit-rider) was my great, gr, gr grandfather.  His
son, Joab Jr. was my ancestor.

John Ap'Howell 1685 came to America and settled near Boston.  His son Joseph
married Hanna Jewson.  His son Joab married Anna Beeler.

Joseph's eldest son was named John b.1793.  He had a son, John B. Powell.

If that John was your ancestor, he and my Eld. Joab were brothers.

I have an old, extensive document on this line of the Powells.  I don't have a
way to send it online and it is too long to type all of it.  If you haven't
this information and would like it, I will copy it and send it to you.

There are a lot of the Powells buried behind Providence Church at Scio and there
are several Powell graveyards.  If you can tell me which ones you need to
locate, I can direct you to the right graveyards.  I would even be glad to
accompany you to save you time locating them.  Some, I haven't got to yet.

I am a couple of hours from Scio area.

Let me know if I can be of any help.

Dorothy Webb
kat1928 at integrity.com