[or-roots] lake county

Diane elder at presys.com
Mon Oct 24 18:12:34 PDT 2005

Lake County is 100 miles long and 110 miles wide.  Summer Lake is kinda in
the middle of the county---can see it from our house....'bout a mile away.
Goose Lake goes into CA and when VERY high can flow into Pitt River.  Has
not done that for many years.  NW corner is a 'mite' past Fort Rock.  Guano
Lake--dry-- is in the eastern part of the county.  Lotsa desert and lotsa
timber...although because of the gov't regulation not to spray the pine
beetle---the green is rapidly turning to red and in time will be black and
ash.  I do have deep feelings on this!!!!!  We survived the holocaust of
2002.  The black (burned timber and grass) begins just a short distance from
our front door and ends 35 miles north.

Diane