[or-roots] Clyde Fisk Lane Co Or c 1900-?

LinLouVan at aol.com LinLouVan at aol.com
Sun Sep 4 11:26:14 PDT 2005

reedsportchapmans at verizon.net writes:
That reminded me of a fellow that my Dad and I used to visit quite often in
the '50's an early '60's somewhere between Walker and Creswell in Lane Co
Oregon. The reasons for our visits were often to search for a tool or farm
machinery repair part or whole piece of farm machinery (i think we may still
have a plough we got from him)
Les,
My father was a farmer who often visited that place looking for a "special
something"
to use for another "special project". Dad was somewhat of an inventer, often
making things to make farming easier.

I seem to remember that his name was Frank SLY.

After having said that, I thought I should check the 1955 city/county
directory that I have
upstairs. There was a Frank SLY who lived in the rural area around Creswell.
There was
a Clyde FISK who was gunsmith living iin Eugene.

Linda (Umpleby) VanOrden
Junction City, OR
LinLouVan at aol.com

Searching for UMPLEBY from England to Ohio about 1817; to Montgomery Co., IL
ca. 1861-63; to KA ca. 1900
Searching for BARNSTABLE from England to Illinois about 1867
Searching for RISHELL, SPANGLER in Centre Co., Pennsylvania 1700-1800s
Searching for MULKEY and LILLARD, Oregon Trail Pioneers about 1851; Missouri
to Linn, Benton and Lincoln counties, OR
Searching for VAN ORDEN, Bergen Co., NJ 1780s; later to Monroe Co., NY;
to Muskegon Co., MI; to Lincoln Co., OR
Searching for SIMONSBACKA/NYSTROM from Finland to Oregon ca. 1886-1892