[or-roots] Interesting Oregon history book on Nimrod O'Kelly

Denise Merritt merritthome at clearwire.net
Tue Jan 3 07:25:30 PST 2006

I am reading a book on Nimrod O'Kelly that has been very interesting.  The
story includes early land rules, politics and other background information
that I've really enjoyed learning in the setting of a story that really
happened.  The primary focus of the story is the murder of Jeremiah Mahoney
by Nimrod O'Kelly who claimed self-defense because Mahoney and others were
claim jumping his donation land claim (near Marysville in Benton County).
O'Kelly was an immigrant to Oregon in 1845.  Just sharing the title and
author of the book as I think others would find the book interesting.

"Nimrod: Courts, Claims, And Killing On The Oregon Frontier" by Ronald B.
Lansing

Denise Merritt