[or-roots] New Site Design

Judy White jjwalliswhite at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 08:42:08 PDT 2009

We've been busy over the past month at Access Genealogy!

New site design.

The most visible changes is the new site design implemented on the 1st of
August. The long and ardorous process of changing over 54,000 html pages,
and uploading them to the server is coming close to an end. On top of that,
an additional 43,000 database pages got a face lift. Quite a few of the
pages still have some errant coding attached to them, and you may see some
colors out of place... we're working in getting the face lift complete.

Our main emphasis is making the design change was to get a better flow from
the home page of the site, and the Native American home page, to the most
frequented content. We also added a site search utilizing Google's content
search. This search not only searches AccessGenealogy but also our other
genealogy and history sites, such as NANations.com. What it does not search
are our databases. As such, you will still need to search those databases
separately. I am working on an overall search which will provide quicker
access to each database, but it is a complicated process for a free site to
accomplish.

http://www.accessgenealogy.com/
http://www.accessgenealogy.com/native/

New DNA Section

Genetic genealogy has become yet one more tool in researching our roots. For
the Native American researcher it helps focus your research, and if used
properly, can resolve questions when there is no paper trail to assist you.
We've created an article to help introduce the DNA process to Native
American researchers. It explains more in depth what it can and cannot do.

http://dna.accessgenealogy.com/
http://dna.accessgenealogy.com/dna_native_american.htm

Free 1930 Census Images

Finally, we'd like to announce the opening of the complete 1930 census
images and index by Footnote to Access Genealogy visitors. The only
"payment" required to access these databases is your email address. You will
not need to sign up for a free trial, nor will you have to provide your
credit card information. This is only good for the month of August, so
times' a wastin'...

http://www.accessgenealogy.com/census/free_1930.htm

Judy and Dennis

--