[or-roots] 3rd Ggrandfather's Will

Linda Wiley oregontrail1851 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 3 20:34:42 PST 2012

Nancy, in the book Imentioned in my previous message, I found it had a map of Salem with the streets.  The lots threw me--where Google placed it was really far in the country--no development other than large acreages.  In North Salem, which was JUST north of downtown Salem today, block #24, Lots 7 and 8, are on Front Street, the first street off the Willamette River.  The cross street is Union on the north and probably Marion on the south--the westbound bridge over the Willamette is a continuation of Marion Street.  Chances are this area was heavily flooded over the years--so some history work on Google for Willamette flooding in Salem.  This is no longer a residential area--Front Street is rather run-down--lumber yard, cannery, etc.  I have friends at the Marion County Artchives--just attended a program given by them at our genealogical Society meeting last month--with a name I'll see what I can do!  they are located not far from that area.

Linda