OSPS E-News ~ OSPS Project Update

Wed Feb 16 09:51:09 PST 2011

OSPS Project Update - Address Lines on Payroll Checks and Direct Deposit
Statements

The E-PPDB HR system project that expanded the amount of space available
for state employee's names and addresses affects name and address output
from OSPA to payroll checks and direct deposit statements.  In general,
this is a very positive change that will allow us to improve those
outputs.

Unfortunately, we experienced some delays having check and direct
deposit statement form changes processed and we did not have them ready
to use in the first payroll that followed PPDB's migration.  An
unintended consequence of that delay is that some address lines are
truncating on payroll documents.  This creates problems only if the
payroll check or direct deposit statement is mailed in a window
envelope.

We have coordinated with PPDB on this issue but would also like to
suggest that you coordinate with your agency HR partners and ask them to
not move address line 2 data to address line 1 until we have completed
the work on our documents.  We will notify through OSPS E-News as soon
as our changes have been finalized.  We are hoping that will be
completed this week and we can use the new formats for February Run 1.
We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Oregon Statewide Payroll Services

Sharon McKeehan, Manager

DAS/State Controller's Division

155 Cottage Street NE,  U-50

Salem, OR  97301-3969

(503) 378-6777 ext. 230

Visit our Online Resource Center: http://www.oregon.gov/DAS/SCD/OSPS/
<http://www.oregon.gov/DAS/SCD/OSPS/>

How are we doing?

Please complete our customer service survey:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/SCD_Feedback
<http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/SCD_Feedback>

Your opinion matters

Thank You!