OSPS E-News ~ State Payroll Overview Class

Mon Jan 7 08:33:33 PST 2013

Hello State Payroll Professionals,

OSPS is offering a new State Payroll Overview class.  Those of you who are working in payroll are welcome to attend. Would you also please forward this invitation to staff members in your agency who might be interested. To ensure we reach the appropriate staff, we are using several distribution lists; we apologize if you receive duplicates.

Do you do any of the following?

*         Manage state agency staff

*         Manage HR or payroll for your agency

*         Review payroll reports or payroll related expenditures

*         Reconcile payroll data to accounting records or your agency's budget

*         Use the payroll datamart

If you do, Oregon Statewide Payroll Services, Department of Administrative Services, would like to invite you to attend the State Payroll Overview class on January 29, from 10:00 am to 12:00 noon in the Veteran's Auditorium, 700 Summer St. NE, Salem.

This class includes a high overview of the following:

*         Regulations that affect payroll

*         State and federal agencies that have a role in payroll

*         State computer systems / applications that share payroll data and processing

*         State payroll process

*         State payroll calculation

To participate in the class, sign-up in iLearnOregon: https://ilearn.oregon.gov/KView/CustomCodeBehind/Base/LinkingRouter.aspx?strDLItemId=316A14E0B52B44E88891E36431C15FBB

If you have questions, contact Katherine.Bremser at das.state.or.us<mailto:Katherine.Bremser at das.state.or.us> or (503) 373-0738.
Katherine Bremser
Training Coordinator
Oregon Statewide Payroll Services
Financial Business Systems
Enterprise Goods and Services
Department of Administrative Services
503-373-0738
Online Resource Center: http://oregon.gov/DAS/EGS/FBS/OSPS/
Data Classification: Level 1 - Published