OSPS E-News ~ FW: Possible Exception: FICA deduction code

Thu Jan 24 17:00:54 PST 2013

Payroll Professionals,

If you see an exception on your exception reports regarding deduction code FICA, please leave it alone.  We will send full details very soon.

In short, this deduction is to repay employees the FICA tax that was overwithheld for 2012 due to the retroactive increase in the pre-tax amounts for transit options.  We are working on an informational piece for employees, which we will share with you when completed.  Thank you for your patience.

Oregon Statewide Payroll Services
Financial Business Systems
Enterprise Goods and Services
Department of Administrative Services