OSPS E-News ~ FW: Cutover Month - Important updates regarding PPDB entry during this period

Tue Jan 8 10:51:37 PST 2019

Payroll professionals,

Please see below from the Workday team regarding entries into PPDB during the month of January.

Thanks,

Geri Greeno-Sanders
OSPS Senior System Analyst
DAS/EGS/FBS/Oregon Statewide Payroll Services
(503) 373-0259 - direct
(503) 378-3518 - fax
geri.l.greeno-sanders at oregon.gov<mailto:geri.l.greeno-sanders at oregon.gov>
www.oregon.gov/DAS/Financial/payroll/Pages/index.aspx<http://www.oregon.gov/DAS/Financial/payroll/Pages/index.aspx>

From: LAWSON Twyla * DAS
Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2019 10:41 AM
To: das_ppdb_group at listsmart.osl.state.or.us
Cc: GREENO-SANDERS Geri L * DAS <Geri.L.GREENO-SANDERS at oregon.gov>
Subject: Cutover Month - Important updates regarding PPDB entry during this period

Good morning PPDB and Payroll staff,

I think there may be a small misunderstanding we want to clear up.  While we hoped all address changes could have been entered before January 1, we realize some did not get in by that date.  The PPDB Transition Team will be keying address changes all month so please forward them to us for keying.  They will also be keyed into Workday so the employee will see the updated address when they first login to Workday. For printing W-2's with the correct address they need to be to the central team to be keyed by no later than close of business tomorrow, January 9th.

The PPDB Transition team is working hard to get PA Actions keyed as soon as they are received.  However, please allow up to 48 hours for processing (longer if it is a retroactive action as it may take research, etc.).  Then please do check your turnarounds to ensure all have been keyed.  If you have any questions please contact us.

Here are some special notes from our PPDB Transition Team Lead to help with processing during this time:

*         Prior to submitting any PA actions please ensure you do the following:

o   Enter the agency number on top of personnel action if not available on action - We are processing for over 90 agencies so this will be very helpful.

o   If employee has OR# please only use this number going forward on the PA Action, we do not want an SSN.

o   Include all PA action codes needed at the top of the PA action (If retroactive action, see bullet below)

*         Retroactive actions - If personnel action is effective prior to 1/1/19 PLEASE WRITE 'RETRO' ON TOP OF ACTION. Include effective dates for each separate PA action involved.  These are not to be keyed until a thorough review has been done by Kim Courtright or Jeanette Miley.  We will contact you if we have any questions.

o   Document complete details of what is needed, retroactive date, etc.  As much information as possible.

*         Purging - These are not to be keyed until a thorough review has been done by Kim Courtright or Jeanette Miley.  We will contact you if we have any questions.

*         Centrally validating all new hire SSNs - The PPDB Transition Team is checking all new hire SSN/s through the Social Security Verification process with the federal government.  Validation for SSN through this system matches their SSN/DOB/Name.  Any SSN corrections will go through Kim or Jeanette.

*         No future month - No future month effective dates will be keyed during this cutover month into PPDB (FUT code will not be used)

*         Differentials - Remember the beginning and ending codes are effective the beginning of the effective date keyed.

*         PERS Status Checks - PERS Status Checks on new employees should be completed prior to transmitting the personnel actions to the PPDB Transition Team.

Just a reminder, below is the plan sent out earlier for how PPDB processing is occurring during the transition period from January 2 to January 31, 2019. Please note:

All personnel actions will be processed by the PPDB Transition Team as a central group. All other PPDB users have been changed to display only. The following are the different options available to agencies for submitting information to be keyed:

Submission method

PA with personally identifiable information (PII) (e.g., SSN; DOB; OR#)

PA without PII

Fax: 503-934-0853
ATTENTION: PPDB Transition

*

*

Secure Mail: Workday Project Office at:
1177 Center St. NE Salem, Oregon 97301-2503

*

*

Email: group.ppdb at oregon.gov<mailto:group.ppdb at oregon.gov>
ATTENTION: PPDB Transition

*

*

Phone: 503-934-3500

(for calls, not fax, see above for fax #)

*

*

We ask agencies to document as much detail as possible using the current form and process. This includes any field information needed to perform the action(s) specified. Then, the HR Office should ensure all forms are reviewed for accuracy and submitted to the PPDB Transition Team appropriately.  Retain any back-up documentation within your agency's HR office to support the PA Action. Examples of items to be retained within the agency are:

*         I-9's

*         Medical forms

*         LD agreements

*         WOC agreements

For more information about what's happening before and during the cutover month, please review the project team's cheat sheets containing in-depth pre-cutover month<https://www.oregon.gov/das/HR/Documents/Workday%20Project%20-%20From%20now%20until%20cutover%20month.pdf> and cutover month<https://www.oregon.gov/das/HR/Documents/Workday%20Project%20-%20Cutover%20month.pdf> details. Please stay tuned for even greater detail in the near future.

Hyperlinks

*         Workday Project homepage: https://www.oregon.gov/das/HR/pages/workday.aspx

*         Pre-cutover month details: https://www.oregon.gov/das/HR/Documents/Workday%20Project%20-%20From%20now%20until%20cutover%20month.pdf

*         Cutover month details: https://www.oregon.gov/das/HR/Documents/Workday%20Project%20-%20Cutover%20month.pdf

Thank you,
Twyla

Twyla Lawson, SPHR/SHRM-SCP | Business Change/HR Systems Manager | Workday Project | DAS - CHRO
c: 503-949-4634 | Twyla.Lawson at oregon.gov<mailto:Twyla.Lawson at oregon.gov>

Stay informed about Oregon state government's Workday Project by visiting our website here<http://www.oregon.gov/das/HR/Pages/HRIS.aspx>.

[Simplified signature line - 9.15.17]