[RFHF] Print Awareness and the iPad
katie.anderson at state.or.us
Thu Nov 17 11:54:38 PST 2011
Here is a video of a 1-year-old growing up around iPad who is then given a magazine. Notice how she tries to turn the magazine pages by sliding and pressing her fingers. ow.ly/1yzKXW<http://t.co/ft3MEMCk>
Food for thought:
· What might the implications be for her learning to read?
· Is this something to be concerned about or are the times changing?
· If you think this is a concern, when and how should we family support workers and librarian talk with parents about this issue?
· If you think the times are changing, how should we family support workers and librarian change to support children and families like the one portrayed in the video?
Katie Anderson, Library Development Services
* Youth Services Consultant * Oregon Center for the Book Coordinator *
Oregon State Library, 250 Winter St. NE, Salem, OR 97301
katie.anderson at state.or.us<mailto:katie.anderson at state.or.us>, 503-378-2528
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Reading-For-Healthy-Families