[Self-Management_OR] FW: CDC/AMA launches “Prevent Diabetes STAT: Screen, Test, Act - Today™”

Epstein Andrew D andrew.d.epstein at state.or.us
Thu Mar 12 16:39:16 PDT 2015

Dear Colleagues,
Please see below for an email that was sent this afternoon to providers of the National Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP) in Oregon, announcing the release of a new initiative from the American Medical Association and the CDC to raise awareness about prediabetes and to increase screening, testing and referral to evidence-based diabetes prevention programs.
For self-management program delivery organizations, now is a great time to consider expanding the suite of programs you offer to include the DPP, or to reach out to current DPP providers in your area to explore opportunities for collaboration to meet the needs of the communities you serve.
For county and tribal health departments and Regional Health Equity Coalitions, consider reaching out to local DPP providers to explore possible partnership around raising awareness of prediabetes, promotion of DPP programs, and development of referral systems to ensure that people with prediabetes can easily access these programs that been proven to help prevent or delay the onset of type 2 diabetes.
You can find a contact list for DPP providers throughout the state on the Oregon Public Health Division website at http://public.health.oregon.gov/PreventionWellness/SelfManagement/Pages/index.aspx#DPP. If there isn’t currently a DPP in your area, please contact me or Don Kain (OHSU Diabetes Center Education & Outreach Manager and a DPP lifestyle coach Master Trainer) if you’d like to learn more about how to establish a program.
Please see the email below for more information on the new Prevent Diabetes STAT, and let me know if there are any questions.
Best regards,
Andrew Epstein, MPH, CHES

Community Programs Liaison | Diabetes Program Coordinator
Oregon Health Authority | Health Promotion and Chronic Disease Prevention
Phone 971-673-2379 | Mobile 503-969-5816
andrew.d.epstein at state.or.us<mailto:andrew.d.epstein at state.or.us>

Email sent to Diabetes Prevention Program providers throughout Oregon: