[yscon] Questions

Petersen, Carolyn carolyn.petersen at sos.wa.gov
Thu Aug 10 10:04:09 PDT 2017

Just finishing up six weeks of STEM/Literacy camp which happened at three rural locations: two in Lincoln county (Reardan and Harrington) and one in Adams county (Lind).  The small city libraries collaborated with three school districts and other agencies to make it happen.

The local folks on the ground will debrief on August 14th and then the organizing committee will debrief on August 23rd. I have been the overall project facilitator.

I'm beginning to marshal resources to start the second year of funding with the goal of having three self-supporting day camps in five years to help bridge the achievement gap.

I would be happy to chat with you.

CAROLYN PETERSEN, Assistant Program Manager, Library Development
Washington State Library | Office of the Secretary of State
6880 Capitol Blvd SE, Tumwater, Washington
w: 360-570-5560 | f: 360-586-7575
carolyn.petersen at sos.wa.gov