[yscon] Trainings and Conferences

Carrie Sanders -MSL- carrie.sanders at maryland.gov
Tue Jun 5 15:14:53 PDT 2018

Thanks, Beth and all, for sharing your conference ideas.   I am also
attending ALSC in September for the first time and  have been to YALSA
twice and greatly enjoyed this conference.

I also greatly appreciate some less library-traditional conference option
ideas. I agree that this give us another lens to view our work and it
extends our circle of contacts.

One other conference that falls into this category that I can suggest is
NAMLE (National Association of Media Literacy Education).  I have not
attended their conference, but there is overlap in our work with
media/digital literacy in youth, and there is a group of us in MD currently
working on tentative plans to cross-partner with them when their conference
in Washington, DC overlaps with ALA in 2019.  One possible session we are
exploring focuses on Media Mentorship as we enhance best practices in this
area in library staff and help parents in effective, quality use of
technology with their children of all ages, particularly preschoolers. I am
linking you here to NAMLE <https://namle.net/> and their 2019 conference
website <https://namle.net/2019-conference/> if this is something of
interest to you.

Thank you, as always, for sharing!